SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

Please Leave Input Here - Mislabeled, Rotten Bulbs

jodik_gw
16 years ago

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'd like to begin by saying that as a group we have a voice... and the more of us there are in the group, the louder our voice and the better the chance we'll be heard!

I have volunteered to write a generic letter that will be sent to the wholesale and retail companies we purchase bulbs from, and also to the growers who supply those companies. The letter is regarding the high number of mislabeled and unhealthy bulbs we have received this past season, alone.

There are many of us who have been very disappointed to find that what we originally ordered is not what we received... and there are several of us who have received bulbs in unhealthy condition, either with rot, mites or having been frozen or bruised in the package due to poor packing practices.

The letter will be written in completely friendly terms, although it will be very business-like in nature, and will bring all of our grievances to their attention. It will simply state that we are not pleased by the current state of affairs, and will go on to say that we would be most happy if these things could be rectified as we would prefer to remain their customers.

In writing this letter, I will need you all to tell me how many total bulbs you have purchased this season, how many mislabels you have received, how many bulbs rotten, how many bulbs with mites or other damage and what that damage was... please include company name ordered from (only so they can get a copy of the letter), and any other problems or ideas you may have or have had. Please also include a total of funds spent on bulbs this past season, or at least an approximate dollar number. As an aside, it would be interesting to know approximately how much you have spent on supplies to grow the bulbs. (We want to show the sellers and growers what type of revenue we're talking about.)

If you do not want to sign a letter or have your name used, I will respect your privacy... I also will not reveal to the group individual dollar amounts, but will treat it as a total... please let me know of the problems you have encountered as this will give accurate numbers to show the sellers and growers. If you do not wish to post the information I require, please feel free to email me privately... I will keep all email completely confidential.

Email me at: Rumpelstiltskin at hughes dot net

Now that the bulb purchasing season is winding down, the growers and sellers may be more apt to take the time to read our letter and will hopefully respond with their good intentions for next season. The important thing is letting them know that certain practices are unacceptable, and we demand better products and services as paying customers.

Thank you in advance for helping with this little project, and remember... the more of us there are, the louder our voice! As a group, we spend a lot of hard-earned money on these bulbs, and we deserve to get what we are paying for!

Thanks again for your input! Happy...

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions