SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

My day.....yesterday

vera_eastern_wa
16 years ago

First I started by digging and moving some Echinacea angustifolia, Gaillardia and Knautia that were becoming overshawdowed and or crowded out. Then on to taking cuttings from the Sedum 'Autumn Joy' where I stuck them in front of the Iris planting and gave more to my neighbor...who doesn't know it yet LOL!

Next I made a basket of Climbing Snapdragon (as a trailer), Petunia (lavender and violet mix so who knows!), Sweet Alyssum self-sown seedlings and Purple Millet. Then I planted out more Petunia in a bed border where African Daisy 'Jaffa Ice', Pink Profusion Zinnia and Blue Shrimp Plant are planted. Got some more Millet in the bed which I hope picks up some speed soon! They have stayed very small since they came up....Mar. 30th; their not even 2" tall at this point! Maybe transplanting is what they needed?

I planted more Thai Basil, a few Nicandra in front of the Yarrow and planted 1 single Green Love-lies-Bleeding (Amaranthus virvidus)... that I found while dumping more containers this morning!! I went and pulled out quite a few Larkspur 'Earl Grey' which was way over-crowded and chucked a bunch of Viola 'Johnny Jump-up' into the compost pile. Then on to another bed I was weeding out more Verbena bonariensis and Moss Rose when to my surprise I found about 4 self-sown Statice seedlings from my 'Petite Bouquet' mix I planted last year....one of my final school crops! They are short plants so I plan on moving them today :D

I'm gonna be trying some Giant Red Mustard Greens for the first time this evening. Any tips on cooking these?

Thanks,

Vera

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County