SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sissifriss

just some thoughts.

sissifriss
16 years ago

Hello everybody. I have tried to keep up with reading the post so far, but have not really had the time to respond as I would like due to being in purgatory aka graduate school. But I only have a couple weeks until summer break. I thought I would update on my wintersowing adventure. i have been so happy with the results of the wintersowing. I have had great success with all jugs except for Hollyhock, which seems odd since others seem to have great luck with it. I have planted out into containers almost all of my jugs. I am going to try to post pictures in the next couple weeks. It has been my saving grace, when I feel like I am going to lose it I just go look at my plants and can find something to be happy about. What I have learned is that you can grow almost everything by wintersowing. I did have great sucess in the greenhouse also, but I am finding all of the work of the greenhouse to be unnecessary when I see the results of the baby seedlings that we almost completely carefree. Of note the coldframe is still slow to germinate. I am hopeful that it will catch up. I do have one question about tomatoes. I know my greenhouse tomatoes should not be planted out until highs are in the 50's at night. So while they are hardened off I have not planted out yet. However, does this same rule apply to my wintersown ones. I just wonder if they are better able to stand a couple nights in the upper forties which is forecasted next week. I have to add that I am so excited about several things such as dill that I was never able to grow from seed sucessfully until now and the success of the perennials that I never had before in the greenhouse. I have had great sucess with grasses also. Anyway I will quit rambling on, I am just beside myself at how much fun this has been. It truly has helped me keep my sanity in a time when I needed it most. Thanks to all for posting your exp. also. I don't have any friends who love to do this and although my husband is a huge enabler of this addiction, he does not have the passion that I do about it. Have a great weekend.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH