SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Weird--my house attacked by Ladybugs!

dublinbay z6 (KS)
16 years ago

Strangest thing--late this afternoon after painting my garage, I went through the back door of my house and realized I had about a dozen ladybugs on my shirt and in my hair. What the heck??? Turned around to go back outside and that is when I saw it: ladybugs climbing all over the outside and the inside of my back storm door. A few even climbing on the ceiling! I've never seen that many ladybugs in my entire life!

Outside, I realized that the ladybugs were climbing all over the siding of the house also. Didn't know what to do since I don't really want to hurt ladybugs. I finally patiently shooed the ones indoors back outdoors and then set up the sprinkler so that it sprayed gently on the siding and back door. When I came back later, most of the ladybugs were gone, so I guess that did it.

My back door faces south, so I guess it was the late afternoon sun warming up the back of my house that drew the ladybugs. Maybe they know the temps are supposed to drop near freezing tonight--I dunno, except that they really did not want to leave my backdoor area.

Have you ever heard of anything that strange?

Kate

Comments (25)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus