SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orcascove

I'm hoping for quick knowledge on Brussel Sprouts

Orcascove
14 years ago

Hello everyone, I know there is a veggie forum, and I do post there, but rarely get a quick response. I did post this there too, but I am trying to get stuff in the ground today. So I am hoping the lovely people who are so quick to help out here, will forgive my posting this in both places and perhaps offer a girl an answer......

I am trying to determine if I can plant my brussel sprouts where my tomato pants were last year? I know they do not make good companion plants. (I am not trying to plant them together) I just need to know if it's safe for the brussels to grow this year where tomatos were last year?

Here's my situation:

Last summer, my neighbor transplanted a huge shade tree right next to where my tomatos used to grow, so this year I am moving them elsewhere.

This is my first year trying brussels, and I'm thinking the afternoon shade from that tree might be helpful since I am in Ohio and get hot summers. But I can not find anything telling me if there is a lingering affect to the soil from the previous years tomato crop that I should be concerned with. I do amend my soil, and it has been 5 months since the tomatos came out, so do you think the brussels will suffer if planted there?

Comment (1)

Sponsored