SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwiehn

Peace Rose

marcindy
9 years ago

Friends, I would be interested in some of your observations regarding your Peace roses. I have had several Peace roses over the years (I currently don't have one, but would like to plant one again next spring). They were always reasonably healthy, but never really vigorous, or anything like older rose books describe them. I never had a Peace rose bush throw up a thick healthy cane, mine never exceeded 2ft in height even after several years in the ground and good growing conditions. Their flowers were never that big full shape that older pictures show and older books and catalogs describe.

Then I read about "fading" of clones in Peter Schneider's latest rose book, where he talks specifically about Peace fading because of massive scale of propagation over time. I know several of my Peace roses in the past had RMV, so I don't judge them in the same way, but I had at least two plants without symptoms of RMV that weren't much more vigorous either. What are your observations regarding Peace? Do you notice symptoms of "fading" or do your Peace roses match the descriptions of older books and catalogs? I also would like to get a virus free clone of Peace for 2015, any suggestions as to where to get one are always very welcome. Thanks!!

Comments (10)