SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponce418

oh NO! i hope they don't dry out!!!

ponce418
16 years ago

dang it!

so last weekend i reseeded our lawn & set up sprinklers on our sprinkler timer. i scheduled it to water the yard at 8:30 in the morning (after i've left for work) and 5:30 in the afternoon (about 45 minutes b4 i get home from work). i've got my containers in the same area in full sun and figured this would work out well. no rain due this week and i need to keep them hydrated so they'll sprout.

my hubbie, who generally works from home, is on a business trip this week. he called me on lunch to say a quick hello. he asked about my containers & i told him i really haven't had a chance to check them since this weekend (big project at work this week plus w/ him gone i've got 2 dogs to walk/feed before & after work, which he generally handles).

then i say to him, "i'm sure they're well hydrated w/ the sprinklers running every day. so they should be ok. hopefully i'll check on them tonite."

and that's when he tells me he turned OFF the sprinkler timer! he didn't want it running while he was away & no one was home during the day. he thought he had told me but apparantly he hadn't.

good grief! those containers have been out in full sun for 3 days now & i haven't checked on them once! i figured, at the very least, they were being well hydrated & getting plenty of sunlight to get those seeds sprouting.

**smacks forehead**

gosh, i hope those seeds didn't dry out. i won't be able to check them until after 6 tonite. **fingers crossed**

gah!

Comments (2)

Sponsored