SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luanne_gw

The dangers of Carolina

luanne
16 years ago

The first danger of course is plastic meltdown. Carol is a truely generous and good hearted girl but she is infectious and what starts out as rose enabling often leads to other things...like the gift certificate she sent me to the Lily Garden for my birthday. Of course I'm really complaining about my own flawed charactor that just went on ordering after the GC was flooded out. And to be fair I had the same problem and four more roses from Kate.

Carolina and I talk on the phone, to the point where we can find ourselves multi-tasking silently together on our phones as the minutes tick by. Paying not to talk...gotta think that one through again.

Just yesterday she told me she had a Spring order at Vintage and would I go look at August Guinoisseau or was it that Vicomptesse rose or something, anyway I went, (and you are probably all saying, if anyone should know better...)and before I knew it had remembered how much I love Sweet Afton, and then their was Dame Edith Helen and Betty Uprichard and Carolina pointed out a rose called Souv. du President Carnot(the photo is unbelievable--my favorite blush rose) and then I remembered that I was actually short of a good yellow cutting rose and stumbled on Mrs. Pierre S. Dupont. Which makes 5 and that is a stupid number to order from Vintage and I have to have alternatives, Tip Toes(so fragrant)and Nocturne VID but I'm thinking all by myself why not fill up the box and just get Tip Toes anyhow...

but I would need 2 more to fill the box and two alternates and Carolina is fortunately at work and maybe if I rush right out into the garden I could prune enough to convince myself that 8 new roses plus the 5 I have on order and the 4 sitting in the pot garden are more than Enough!I'm weakening as we speak...that Tiptoes is such a good rose...that Carolina is such a good friend...good thing she doesn't come in four paks.Love you FM...

la

Comments (14)