SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverwind_gw

april's almost over, and now i have some free time! xd

silverwind
14 years ago

Oh how I've MISSED YOU ALL!! :) Things got really crazy here 'round the middle of last year, and I feel like I'm still trying to catch up. o_0

I've not sown much of anything at all this year. :( I've had so many failures (once in the ground, that is!) that it's really disheartening.

The weeds like to choke out the little that makes it through in several areas, and I finally succumbed to the thought that I'll need to start rebuilding soil from scratch. I'd hoped gradual amendments would help, but no go. (It's mostly compressed 'dust' on a gravel-filled base, the WHOLE LOT. Water just disappears and there's little in the way of nutrients. :/ )

So... a salvage year. Heavy weeding, lots and LOTS of compost/manure/mulch in my future, I'm afraid. I despise the thought of roundup but I'll admit I'm getting tempted... creeping charlie I can tolerate to a point, but the garlic mustard and all the *#^@ quackgrass... makes me want to cry. :)

At least I can keep the weeds away from a few areas, my shady stuff is mostly doing well, and some veronica and forget-me-nots I'd ws'd last year are back again and thriving! :D

Comments (3)

Sponsored