SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

Antique Rose Report from Oklahoma

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
14 years ago

Sunset, So Cal, Cal, Florida. I am so jealous!!!

Last week we had our first ever snow blizzard. The wind was about 55 miles an hour as it snowed and sleeted. For about 5 days my roses have been under all that snow, and we are going to have some more tomorrow.

Fortunately, about a day or two before the snow I had watered my roses. Now, the snow is still very deep.

I like to talk about roses in the winter, and am pleased that at any time I will be able to work in the garden again - even though I will not see blooms for awhile.

Fall is the worst because winter is coming. January is good because within a month we will have sporadic cold spells instead of constant ones.

I invested in some Bermuda roses since they may be disease resistant. I sure hope they can be snow resistant. It is not always this cold in the winter -- especially not for this long.

I do enjoy reading about what is going on in California, Florida, and southern Texas, but I enjoy even more being able to participate in rose growing.

I hope all of you who have roses this time of year realize just how fortunate you are.

Sammy

Comments (18)