SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msjay2u

big lots sale on Oklahoma Roses,,,,,$3

msjay2u
15 years ago

i AM NEW HERE. I brought 2 rose bushes from Big Lots at $3 a piece so I am not expecting miracles. The bag states they are Oklahomas. Being new to roses (When I say new I mean NEW). I came on here for info. What better place than the Roses forum.

Reading about this rose I think I am getting that the roses are big, very fragrant, grow fast, pretty disease resistant and lovely.

I planted them on the north side of my house. They get some sun. Nothing to report yet as I just planted them.

I took them out the body bag (term I learned today), soaked them in water for a couple of hours, planted them in the ground, filled the hole with miracle grow soil, and then put some straw mulch on top that has lots of goat poop mixed in it. I did notice the woody parts of the flower was very waxy.

Any advice on what to expect? How fast will it grow the first year, do I need to spray it, dust it, feather it or anything? Does anyone have any photos of it in its glory? Will I get roses this year?

Thank you for your help. I am coming from the farm forum... I call myself expanding my horizons with these roses. I guess I better get some good gloves too cause those thorns sure do hurt!!

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living