SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pat_bamaz7

Rose de Rescht - Can RRD look like this?

pat_bamaz7
9 years ago

Rose de Rescht is in the same bed as my first RRD case on Easy Going back in early August. I removed and burned that rose when you guys helped me confirm the diagnosis. This looks very different than RRD did on that floribunda, but I'm not sure how RRD symptoms differ in different classes of roses. This looks like two canes fused together...you can see the indention where it looks like it is conjoined twin canes. The cane is not rubbery, it doesn't look excessively thorny and the leaves don't look bad to me...BUT it is thick, flat and then there is that ugly mess going on at the tip. Do I have another case of RRD?
Also, when I was looking for the source of my first case, I found that the two Knockouts planted at our local mom & pop hardware store two miles from me had what appeared to be fairly advanced RRD. I spoke with the owner about it, and he told me a man had come by a couple of months earlier and said the same thing, and let him know if it was RRD, he would need to dig them up and burn them. He said the man sent a sample to Auburn, and it came back negative, so he wasn't going to remove the bushes. I've been watching those bushes for two months, and they have gotten progressively worse looking. Could a rose test "falsely negative" for RRD?

{{gwi:337664}}

{{gwi:337665}}

{{gwi:337666}}

{{gwi:337667}}

{{gwi:337668}}

{{gwi:337669}}

{{gwi:337670}}

{{gwi:337671}}

{{gwi:337672}}

{{gwi:337673}}

{{gwi:337674}}

Comments (7)