SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenweed_z6a

Sprouts but too tired to scream it

gardenweed_z6a
13 years ago

Hi - I checked my containers today and have lupine sprouts just starting in several jugs.

First sprouts of 2011: Lupine Minarette, Russell Hybrids, & Acadia National Park

{{gwi:367907}}

{{gwi:367908}}

{{gwi:367909}}

The stuff on the soil surface that looks like rock salt is actually bird grit--I use it to hold the seeds against the surface of the medium. Probably don't need it but it worked last year and I live by the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule/philosophy.

My cellar has been flooded the past 9 days with no let-up in sight. Water seeps through the foundation every night overnight. Every morning (afternoons on weekdays when I get home from work) I get the pump going but have to monitor it--it sits on the floor in the water but doesn't have an automatic shut-off. The hose runs out the door so I have to pull that inside before dark so I can lock up. The flooding has put a real damper on my winter sowing sprout anticipation.

Please - nobody wish me the green wave until my cellar is dry. The idea of more water makes me slightly nauseous.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor