SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tsmith2579

Snake in the Greenhouse

tsmith2579
18 years ago

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! My apologies to Jim Nabors of Gomer Pyle fame for using his famous line. This evening, about 7:50 p.m., I found a snake in the greenhouse. I went inside to plug into the electrical outlet to drill holes to hang a planter. I dropped a piece of chain and had to move a cap block to reach it. When I move the block, there was a beigey-brown snake in the crack between the floor pavers. It might have been as fat as a first grader's pencil. I could not get it to come out to kill it. Smart snake, eh? It crawled along the crack and under the footing. I thought it was too hot in the greenhouse this time of year for a snake. Tomorrow I'm going to fill the trusty old pump sprayer with insecticide and kerosene and I'm going to spray the cracks and inside the footing blocks and the foundation very good. Will it help? I don't know, but it will certainly make me feel better. Next, I'm going to buy a bag of mortar mix and fill in those cracks. Does anyone have any experience in exorcising snakes from your greenhouse? I've been working on the pond and removing rocks from around it, which is just a few feet away. Now I'm very wary about that job. Shiver-Shiver!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County