SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

ants and roses

16 years ago

I started to post this on the Conversations Forum, but it really belongs here. I have many rose beds that have suffered in our bad weather, and my neglect since I have returned to work.

I was able to work the soil and pull many weeds today, but I notice that in each bed there were many ants. They are odorous ants and some are little black ants. (That is their name, not necessarily a description of them.)

Years ago we had Orkin take care of our house, then we had another service take over. More than a year ago they put down Termidor for termite treatment, so we haven't use products specifically for ants.

I have used bait called Max Force, but I think it just moves the ants around. In my yard I have sprayed fungicide 4 times with Conserve SG each time. I want to use as few products as possible that would hurt the beautiful birds.

Can any of you suggest something that would kill the ants, but not hurt my wildlife? You don't need to discuss the aphid/honey dew thing because I don't have them now. These ants seem to be all over the yard.

Thanks

Sammy

Comments (13)