SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Safety of Bayer Rose Insect Spray and Pets

TNY78
11 years ago

Monday was a terrible day for me. My husband and I lost our 8 year old 5 lb Chihuahua suddenly. He was fine when I got home from work and had passed away within 20 minutes. I keep playing the 5 minutes or so that we were outside over and over again in my head, trying to figure out what happened. The one thing that I keep going back to is that I had been spraying my rose cuttings with Bayer insect killer and the wind was blowing in the direction he was standing. (I don't generally spray any of my roses with insecticide, because I like the bees & other insects that come to the garden. I only spray my cuttings, because I like to give them a little more protection from outside forces.)

Has anyone heard of any problems associated with this product in relation to pets? My Dusty did have epilepsy and was taking medicine for it, but he didn't appear to have a seizure. One minute he was walking around the patio, and when I looked down fewer than two minutes later, he was passed out on his side; he never regained consciousness, and died on the way to the vet, which is only about 10 minutes from the house. Now I�m worried about my other dogs, especially the smaller ones�.

Thanks, Tammy

{{gwi:329054}}

Comments (22)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!