SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hartwood_gw

Roses in Hollywood Cemetery, Richmond, Va.

hartwood
16 years ago

I'm in the mood for photos this morning. Here are some, just in case you're in the mood too.

One Sunday last month, the day was bright and sunny and I needed some 'away time' in the afternoon. The Jeep and I took a trip to Hollywood Cemetery to see if anything had come of the fall blooms, considering how dry it's been. Blooms were small and not as plentiful as they could have been, but I still found some really nice ones (most of which weren't labeled . . . any ID help here will be appreciated.)

Louis Phillipe:

{{gwi:315069}}

All Safrano had was a bud:

{{gwi:315070}}

Two views of a yellow rose -- the bush was over my head:

{{gwi:246186}}

{{gwi:246187}}

A dark pink rose, and a view of its bud.

{{gwi:315071}}

{{gwi:315072}}

A peachy-yellowish-white rose:

{{gwi:315073}}

This was a smallish bush. The blooms were creamy white, and the outer petals had a distinct reddish cast to them. Any ideas? (This is the best photo I could get, back-lit in the harsh late afternoon sunlight.)

{{gwi:315075}}

This one was my favorite, and I have no earthly idea what it could be. The bush was smallish, you can see how nice the foliage looked, and this bloom was wonderful. I'd love to know what it is so I can add it to my garden.

{{gwi:315077}}

I can't share cemetery photos without adding a couple of images of the incredible statuary I saw:

{{gwi:315079}}

This one was especially touching:

{{gwi:315080}}

I hope you enjoy the tour.

Connie

Comments (7)