SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
particentral

Kids say and do the darndest things...

14 years ago

5 year old girls and roses are a cute match! One of my clients stopped in this morning with her grand daughter on her way to kindergarten (preK) and she hemmed and hawed a bit twisting and squirming. Her Grandma said, "Honey ASK HER! You are gona be lkate if we dont hurry!" after a few minutes of this, and she blurted out, "May I have a rose for my teacher?"

Well of COURSE you may have a rose for your teacher! I got my pruning shears and went outside with her expecting her to go for one of the large Hybrid teas or Grandifloras. I mean every one of them is heavy with blooms and they are mostly huge as well.

She turned left, so I was thinking COOL! Belinda's Dream (they are so covered the plants are weighed down currently and I could make an entire BOUQUET without hurting one plant) but no she kept on walking. She went to the KNOCKOUTS and picked ONE tiny flower out of a huge cluster...we tried to talk her out of it and into another one but there was no doing it! She was so excited to give her teacher that one particular flower! She said "The other flowers are pretty too but I wanted a ROSE!"

Kids are funny.

Comments (4)