SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Did anybody order from Vintage's latest crop?

bethnorcal9
11 years ago

As many of you know, Vintage Gardens released another list of hard-to-find roses a week ago. I emailed them my wish list on the 29th but only just heard back today. I was in shock. Three of the roses they had on the short list didn't even make it to the website's list that day, and I figured I was too late to get 'em. Dang if I didn't score this time. Last few times I've tried to get the hard-to-get ones, I usually miss out on at least one or two, if not all of them. I thought since I hadn't heard back for so long I must've not got any of them, and I figured that was ok. (Not like I really need any more!) Needless to say tho, I was happy to get them!

The ones I scored were PATSY CLINE, PICNIC, WHITE DELIGHT and CIRCUS PARADE. My PC died yrs ago and I got a rooted cutting from a guy I used to trade with a long time ago. But like an idiot, I planted her in the ground too soon and she struggled for a couple yrs and died last yr. I never figured anyone would ever have her available again. Least of all virus indexed. I was under the impression all PATSY CLINEs were virused. Not that it really bothers me that much in my hot climate. And my dang WHITE DELIGHT that was over 20yrs old and had come back from the dead 10+yrs ago, but never did well, finally biffed it this season. If I didn't get this one, I did see that Roses Unlimited carries it tho. The other two are older roses I don't believe I've seen on the availability list maybe ever. Can't wait to see them all blooming next season! They are shipping out next month, but I doubt if they'll bloom much before spring. That's ok tho. And I'm not planting these in the ground til they triple in size!

Comments (4)