SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hayseedman

Get a kid's plastic snow sled

hayseedman
22 years ago

I'm not limited, but I've found a great tool that I suspect might be useful to some of you, and everybody else, too.

Get one of those kid's plastic sleds like you see all over the place. Get a piece of clothesline type rope about 10 feet long. If they're not alreay there, drill two holes on each side, toward the front, on the "lip" edge of the sled. Just a wee bit larger than the rope. Two on each side to spread the load around and not rip the plastic. Tie a stopper type knot in one end of the rope(figure 8 sort works). Starting at the back of one side, weave this through the back hole, through the front one, around to the other side's front hole, on to the back, and tie another stopper knot. I'm making this sound more complex than it is: Tie some rope on it to make a harness loop for you to pull it.

Again, I'm not limited, but I find this is makes moving and hauling things around so easy. The sled is at ground level, so you never need to lift things as in a garden cart or a wheelbarrow, the usual tools. They indestructable. Up and down stairs, over gravel. I move tremendously sized transpanted shrubs around with it, no problem. Takes up little storage space.Weighs nothing. If you can walk, step inside the harness loop, place the rope around your waist, and pull. There's no stress on your back.

You got the idea. Good luck.

Comments (17)