SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mensplace

Composting, landfills, et.al.

mensplace
14 years ago

http://www.beachbrowser.com/Archives/Environment/July-2000/LANDFILLS-Hazardous-to-Environment.htm

1. I DO believe that ALL landfills are a potential hazard to our planet and human health as well as being a major blight upon our landscape

2. I DO believe that we could and should do away with all landfills and consider the MANY other safer alternatives that utilize more current approaches to waste management.

3. I DO believe that as a nation, most of us could and should should return to growing more of our own foods...vegetable and animal

4. I DO believe that we MUST actively recycle all possible resources

5. I DO believe that large scale compost should be developed using today's modern processes to comply with standards based upon what is safe and provides nutrition and life in the soil

6. I DO believe that all generators of green & organic waste should be required to collect and contribute those wastes to compost facilities, farmers, and homeowners or recycle them for other commercial processes

7. All companies and industries that knowingly and purposely pollute our rivers, air, and waters at any level must be held accountable or closed, not merely fined and allowed to continue. The city of Atlanta frequently has paid the EPA for dumping millions of gallons of sewage into our rivers. The fines were more cost effective than fixing the problems.

Research Codex Alimentarius..it starts next week. We as one people in the world are going the wrong way. Also, research soil depletion, sedimentation, top soil losses, and nitrification. It's a WORLD problem. Watch FOOD inc...a video in your video stores now. Research genetic engineering of our foods. And YES...write to the grocery chains and get the word out in your community.

Comments (2)