SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gijane_gw

Weed Fabric: to remove or not to remove that is the question?

17 years ago

Every Spring my kids and hubby help me get my garden together as my mothers day gift (actually it's becoming an annual tradition). Last year I was pregnant so I could not do as much as I wanted, but I am planning on making up for that this year.

Anyways, last spring I discovered Square Foot Gardening. We built 7 raised beds of various length ranging from 8 ft up to 16 ft by using Landscaping Fabric, 2 X 6's, and compost/mulch from the county landfill. Most of what I did manage to get planted did fairly well, but now I'm wanting to do things a little differently.

I have been reading, reading, reading on this forum. I am planning to do the lasagna thing on my empty beds this fall, to get them ready for the spring. Should I go through the effort of trying to remove the landscape fabric and then do the Lasagna thing, or should I just throw my carbord, and layers down on my already 6" of mulch and start from there. I could tell you which option I'd rather do, but one of my 2007 resolutions it to have an awsome garden the entire year. So which ever option would give my garden the best success for this year and the ones to come I up for doing.

By the way I absolutely LOVE this forum, everyone here is so nice and helpful. I feel like I have made friends of mentors. It's awsome.

Thanks,

GI Jane

Comments (4)