SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ditaroy

Climbing rose for michigan

ditaroy
16 years ago

Hi, I just got myself a Don Juan which was on clearance. It seems to have got the black spot really bad after bring it home. I tried the home made soap, vinegar, baking soda solution spray to help it but nothing is helping. All the leaves are just turning yellow and falling off. I was wondering if this plant will survive or should I just chuck it and start again. Will it come back to life after the winter? Also if I use some chemical fungicide would it help and which one is recommended.

The other thing is I want to grow a climbing rose which is hardy to my zone and has a nice red color and fragrance. That is the reason I got the Don juan at the local nursery where they told me its winter hardy here.

Any other climbing rose suggestions for southwest MI area would be great too and best places to buy it.

I am new with roses and would love to grow a beautiful trellis of it with clematis. I like the HF young so any suggestions of what to grow with it would be nice too.

If any of you out there have beautiful pictures of your rose or trellis please do post the link or pic!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz