SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

food and walks near "Roses of Yesterday and Today" please

luxrosa
10 years ago

We're planning an all day trek to Roses of Yesterday and Today' stopping by Regans in Fremont, to buy some roses, and were wondering;
-if there is a wonderful place to stop for lunch between Fremont and Roses of Yesterday and Today.
-a short walk or hike in the Redwoods near the nursery, my friend Connie is from Wisconsin originally and is in love with redwoods and I thought it would be nice to combine roses with redwoods on the trip.
I'm hoping to get 4 yellow roses for my garden (I often plan on buying a yellow rose and come home with white and pink roses, ) and have finally relinquished the idea of growing a yellow Tea-Noisette by my porch and on the side of my house in favor of Austins, because own-root band sized climbers have grown so slowly in my garden.
The Pilgrim' may replace Marachal Niel' for that reason, and I am sad to say it as I am fervently in love with the history and beauty of Old Garden Roses. However I'm nearly sixty years old, and I want to live to see yellow roses climbing up my porch, I've waited 3 years for M.N. to climb and the bush is still less than 3 feet tall.

Thanks in advance,
Luxrosa

P.S. any advice on which day would be best to travel from Richmond, california to Corralitos where R. of Y. and T. is located would be very welcome. We are planning to leave around 10 a.m to miss most of the morning rush hour traffic and are wondering which day would be best to travel on, I'm thinking that Thursday would be good in August, to miss the big Friday afternoon exodus from San Francisco. It's a one day trip. I'm hoping to be home before midnight.

Comments (7)