SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athenainwi

I didn't buy any roses tonight

athenainwi
16 years ago

Well, I wanted to go to a nursery I hadn't been to before to look at their Japanese Maples to get an idea of what they cost. I saw that they had roses at 40% off so I thought I might be able to get a rose too. Well, the maple I wanted was $450 so that was out of my price range. But they had Evelyn and Valencia which were both on my short list. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a good sniff (or even a good look) as there were Japanese beetles all over the roses. Sigh. Those darn beetles made rose shopping very unpleasant. I ended up not getting anything as: I have two roses from Ashdown's experiment on the back porch already, neither Evelyn nor Valencia would work in the spot I have open in the rose beds, the new rose bed hasn't been approved by DH yet and I was planning on waiting on that until next year, I shouldn't plant in the middle of July anyway, I don't really want to try to overwinter any (more) roses in pots, and finally, they were covered in beetles and I didn't want to take the JBs home with me.

Anyone else turning down sale roses that can sympathize and stop me from going back?

Comments (6)