SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

How bs-resistant is Scepter'd Isle?

dublinbay z6 (KS)
11 years ago

I know we already have a Scepter'd Isle thread going--and I learned how lovely and graceful and floriferous it is, but it would be a good idea to provide it with some late afternoon shade.

All that sounds wonderful and the pics are gorgeous, but I'm still not hearing how disease-resistant it is--except from one person who sprays monthly and says it doesn't have many BS problems (I should hope not, if you are spraying every month!)

Since BS resistance makes or breaks the deal for me, I'd appreciate it if any of you could comment on that feature. Quite frankly, I don't care how it performs as a cut flower nor how good/bad it smells nor do I expect any of my roses to look their best in the middle of our hot summers (none of my roses do!). What I want to know is how Scepter'd Isle performs as a garden plant, considering the growing season as a whole--is it lovely? does it bloom a lot? is it BS-resistant?

So far the answers to the first two questions seem to be "YES"! So what about BS-resistance without having to spray? That's what I need to know.

If you can think of a better candidate--light pink, lovely, about 5x3 (maybe 4x3), floriferous, BS-resistant--I'd love to hear about it.

By the way, as a reminder, I'm in Zone 6 midwest.

Thanks,

Kate

Comments (14)