SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

Temperature jumped 25 degrees!

jacqueline9CA
13 years ago

We have been having a very cool summer - avg 10 degrees below normal, accd to the weather people. For about 2 months, it has been cool & foggy in the mornings, sun comes out at noon, and it heats up to maybe 75 in the afternoon. Actually, perfect weather. I have been able to be out in the garden, and the roses were loving it.

Well, yesterday it suddenly hit 99 degrees! I happened to be in SF yesterday, and it was 90 degrees there (the high temp there had been about 55 degrees for weeks)! It is supposed to be over 100 here today. My Niles Cochet, which is in a gigantic pot, and which I water daily, was covered with exquisite blooms of pale pink surrounded by raspberry outer petals. By yesterday afternoon they were all potpourri.

The only good news - 6 of my recalcitrant tomatoes, all of which were still green or orange at best, turned dark red in 24 hours, and I was able to pick them. Can't really complain though, as we are so dry that the nights still get cold - had all of the fans on last night, and we were cosy under 2 blankets.

Jackie

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus