SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malmason

Looking for a rose with a bush form like Dutchess de Brabant

malmason
16 years ago

There is a spot right by my front door that I am thinking about planting a different rose. I used to have Star Jasmine, which I loved, except it started shooting the tentacle hands and I got tired to cutting them off too often. I replaced with Ronald Reagan (HT) this spring, but the bush form of RR is not beautiful for the front yard.

I am looking for a rose with Dutchess de Brabant's bush form and characteristic. I like the rose to be bushy like DdB with plenty of leaves, because roses grow like ever green in my area and usually do not lose leaves in winter. The bush form of Cramoisi Superieur or Perle d'Or are nice. I am not looking for a rose with a bush form like Mrs. Dudley Cross (not bushy enough), Penelope (cascading form), Mme. Laurette Messimy (too twiggy), nor Marchesa Boccella (too sticky).

I like the rose to grow tall, not wide. Frequency of bloom, fragrance, and health are big plus. Any color is ok. The rose can grow about 4-5ft wide there. No climber please.

Can anyone please suggest a rose for this spot? If you could post a picture, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments (11)