SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexis717_df

I don't know flowers, can you help?

alexis717_df
14 years ago

I don't do flowers (I'm into shrubs and hosta) or at least I haven't till now, and I'm hoping someone will have some suggestions.

Two years ago I raised the level of my front yard. I planted Ajuga Bronze Beauty on the slope side to hold the soil in place (seems to spread with the speed of light) till I could get the retaining wall built (Bass Ackwards I know). Anywho I finished it last season and now I am trying to decide what to put right along the from edge at the rock face. Last year I put Alysum (sp) there only because I did not know what type of perennial I wanted. I would like a long blooming, low (under 12") plant, preferably in a pink shade. It would be a bonus if it trailed over rocks but not necessary. What is important to me is that it is low maintenance and have color for as long as possible. I don't want to have to deadhead every other day. I considered Phlox Subulata (sp) but bloom time is too short. The soil is a sandy loam, full sun till about 3pm, soaker hose runs in area and because of my hosta is kept relatively moist.

I just got my Bluestone catalog and I was totally confused by all the choices, especially when you don't know the habits of 90% of the flowers in there. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Alexis

Comments (15)