SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Sweet William - 19 days - 20-cent seeds sprouts, others

aliska12000
14 years ago

Maybe somebody is trying to tell me something. The ones I wanted the most either aren't doing anything yet or I can't really see under the covering and water droplets. Sowed them Feb 27.

I am very happy about the Sweet William sprouting, last in a group of seeds I bought spotting them by chance where I wouldn't have been at all if my battery didn't need checking. Seeing Tiffy's made me want those.

Also noticed my wild purple lupine, white alyssum, some ruds just starting to put out something, Shirley poppies, some Malva Mystic Merlin.

When it's safer, I'll take some of the covers off on 3 sides to have a better look or the baggies, etc. Some are taped down pretty securely, and I don't want to have to tape them back up again. Much cooler forecast starting Saturday for at least a week, below freezing again.

That alyssum is amazing stuff. It was the tag end of a bunch of chaff, stems, junk left in that box, didn't want to just throw it out.

I moved a few from out of too much sun for now, 60's today and tomorrow, but most are getting different amounts of morning sun, some not much at all.

I'm wondering if I ought to cover my delphiniums in the garden since it's going below freezing again.

Things don't look too great out there, killed most of the roses to the ground, iris look awful, no sign of the expensive Siberians coming back yet. Tulips up but spotty. Crocus. Hyacinths look like they might have multiplied a little. And my lycoris squamigera are back, some new babies, refuse to bloom so far, planted fall over 2 years ago. I still don't know what to expect from some of these plants I'm working with.

As more things sprout, I may add to this thread.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County