SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Walmart has seeds for 20 cents also Miracle Gro

aliska12000
14 years ago

I swore I wasn't going to buy any more seeds, but couldn't pass them up at that price. I had to go out there because my battery died again, my daughter came and we jumped it, I got it out there, backed in because I figured, yep, they had to push it into a bay.

So while I was there, I went clear down to pick up a few groceries, looked at all sorts of stuff, found some rubber bands that will work for baggies on my cups. It's so huge there, and almost everything has been moved.

I looked at a few plastic containers, didn't see anything cost effective. Meat is still expensive but overall got more of things I needed cheaper than my regular store. They have a pretty nice bakery section, lots of interesting types of bread and pastries along with the usual.

Just before I went back to see how they were doing with my car, I went way back into the garden center, still blocked from outside. That's when I spotted the seeds. I got 2 Sweet William, 1 Canterbury Bells, 1 Snapdragon and 1 Coleus.

They also had just the most common ones, calendula, marigold, morning glories (2 different kinds), sweet peas, columbine, mixed perennials, alyssum, something daisylike, can't remember what else.

The Miracle Gro said blowout at $10.79 or so for 2 cubic feet. What? I can lift it fairly easily. My Scott's premium says 1 cu foot, was $3.77 at Home Depot, and weighs at least 50#. How can that be?

Comments (7)

Sponsored