SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

It's the end of March; do you know where your seeds are?!

mmqchdygg
15 years ago

In my efforts to find some seeds for cAROL last night, I realized that I REALLY need to revisit my 'method' for storing my seeds. They're everywhere, and the ones I wanted were nowhere to be found. Here's why:

Under the end table in the living-room:

-A paper bag of veggies that I won't be using

-A plastic tub full of empty seed packets

-on top of the tub is a gallon zippy bag- inside of which are multiple quart-sized zippy bags of collected seeds

-Under the tub is a Ho-Ho-Ho Christmas Box full of all kinds of seed packets that I won't be using- "tradeables."

-Next to all of this is a brown box inside of which is a Dixieware plastic square of empty poppy packets- this square thing is inside a terra-cotta pot with the rest of the poppy seeds

And more baggies of this & that.

To the kitchen: Seeds on the counter, new ones in paper bags, and mail order seeds.

Strewn throughout the house is everything the cat has stolen out of the 'end table' buffet in the livingroom. A pile is on my bureau from each nightly 'gift' that she brings to the entrance to the bedroom.

In my car: Well, that's where I thought the seeds were that I was looking for. Why they would be in my car, I have no idea, but that's where I last saw them. Oh, and here's a giant UNK marigold seedhead.

Downstairs: You name it, there are grocery bags filled with gallon & quart zippy bags filled with 'sorted' (?!) seeds.

On the work bench is piles of stuff I've used, 1/2-packets of stuff I've sown (for the 'some now, some later' sowing), trash, old strips of duct tape & soil everywhere (this is my basement room...it can BE this messy.)

When I get to work, it's not much different: I have an interoffice envie on a bookcase filled with seeds collected from our Adopt-a-Spot. Next to that is a Walmart bag filled with more seeds waiting to be sown on Earth Day for said AAS.

In my coin purse is a packet of "Softball Sized Canteloupe" seeds. WHY are they in my coin purse?

I can't be the only one with this 'condition.'

Comments (21)

Sponsored