SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimeekitty

help with pink rose choices for next year + when do YOU order?

aimeekitty
13 years ago

Hey folks, thanks again for all the advice. (YAY! FUN!)

Two questions...

(1) how long do you wait to order your "next year" roses?--------------

(ie fall or spring planting). I think I'm getting close to narrowing down my list... but I have this nagging feeling that I'll change my mind and I'm afraid to order. :) What do you guys do...? Do you order early or do you wait around...? :) What's your typical battle plan?

(2) PINK/RED ROSES -------------------

I think I've narrowed down my rose list mostly for next year... I wanted to add a few more pinks. These seem pretty well liked by folks,... is there any reason (other than space) why I shouldn't get these? Are there any you would recommend more than others for me?

again, my zone is 9-10, SW 18, hot/dry summers, mild winters. full sun position.

---Bermuda's Kathleen

I really liked it in the photo I saw of it in the Charleston Noisette book, but there aren't many pictures of it on HMF. It looks like a Mutabilis minus the yellow tones (more light pink to bright pink). I don't really have anything like it and I don't have many singles.

---MRS. B. R. CANT -

I wanted to get another tea. The only other one I really have is Maman Cochet Cl., Sombreuil, Gloire de Dijon, Madame Bérard and Madame Alfred Carrière... but most of those are tea noisettes, not really the same thing.

I know BRCANT is a big bush, but I hope I can find a spot for it since it looks really lovely and everyone seems to recommend it highly. I've heard that it's clay and heat tolerant?

I should expect it to be really big... probably around 8 feet tall, right? How wide should I expect it to be?

My only concern other than it's size was if it was too similar to other medium pink roses I already have. (I have Grandmother's Hat and Sydonie and Maman Cochet Cl.)

--- Laguna cl.,

Unless someone tells me otherwise I'm going to get this one and shove it in somewhere. ;) I love the photos of hoovb's

--- Yves Piaget -

a lot of you have posted lovely pictures and good recommendations of this one and supposedly heat tolerant?. Is it around 3-4 feet... or?

--- Archduke Charles

I don't have ANY chinas. I thought the color changeability on this one was gorgeous. Several people have said it's good at heat tolerance.

How big should I expect it to get?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County