SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannonga

I think I may be the one person that manages to kill a CM

shannonga
14 years ago

Help! I know this is not the ideal time to transplant a crape myrtle, but I have a natchez that is a few years old and about 6 feet tall that needed to be moved. I moved it this past Friday (3 days ago) and it's already showing signs of dispair. I watered it good on Friday after it was planted, but noticed the leaves were wilting on Saturday, so I gave it a good soaking and it seemed to perk up by Sunday morning, but then wilted again by the afternoon, so I gave it another good soaking. Yesterday, I noticed the leaves were turning yellow and the ground was still wet, so I left it alone. I've read that CMs are very hardy and almost impossible to kill, but I think I may have overwatered it. If I leave it alone, do you think it will recover, or should I dig it up and plant it again with dry dirt? The temps here have been in the low 80s during the day and high 60s during the night since I transplanted it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, this tree was gorgeous and I hate to lose it! Thank you.

Comments (8)