SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

Does WSing keep you up at night?

15 years ago

March. While wildly unpredictable as far as wavering temps, it is apparently very predictable in its "In like a Lion, out like a Lamb," and "March Winds" generalities.

So last night we got wind. LOTS of wind. First chance that I got to see how the New Digs were going to hold up, seeing's how we live out in the open, up on a hill, with the back 40 getting the winds whipping from the north, where I just moved the setup to.

I couldn't sleep. At all. I think I was wide awake til at least 12:15 listening to the wind whipping, getting up to pee and peeking out the window at the containers to make sure they didn't get tossed. Of course, the flip side of this is: what, exactly was I going to do if they DID? I wasn't about to change the setup or move anything, so if anything happened, it would obviously be too late by the time I'd hear the *crash!* Lying awake was in vain.

Although I did opt to donn the muck-boots and go out in my jammies at one point and move the empty shelving unit nearer to the house so it wouldn't blow away.

This is just nuts.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus