SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

ashamed that I'm such a prissy...subject of packaged manure

serenasyh
14 years ago

o.k. I have to make a shameful confession to make... I am needing to get the standard packaged manure for my shaded lot on the front yard/right side of the house; the past year's existing mulch has broken in this awful lot in comparison to the brand new very thick mulching in my backyard lot.

At least with the pathetic backyard lot and the front yard left side, there are only one to two earthworms per each hole I have ever dug up and everything grows up very tall and abundant...The other side of the front yard, on the other hand is shamefully barren...no earthworms ever to be found whenever I dig there! plus crappy drainage in that area...The lilies, lavender and verbena, bless their hearts are still growing well there, and Frederick Mistral and Queen Elizabeth are still holding up but they have nowhere the cane abundance of my sunlit backyard roses... Worst of all my decorative tri-color sage are as dead as a doornail, so-to-speak... However, each plant I've ever planted I put in a hole completely filled with Fertilome potting soil and Rose tone mixed in for the roses...

But here is the shameful fact. I have delayed getting the manure, because this manure is going to take a very! long time to decompose because there are no earthworms in that area of the soil....There are only 2 windows out of the entire lower level of the house that can be opened to let in the cool air (the rest of the windows are encased in glass) and you guessed it...the manure would be right in front of those windows, peeeeuey! and because I feed my roses once a week, I'd be stepping into all this manure, yuck! am I the only selfish prissy girlie out there?

Any words of encouragement or advice other than giving me a swift kick-in-the-butt, so to speak? I am very leery about how long it will take to have the stench go away...

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations