SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

What used to be an easy 'sow everything' is now memory test!

mmqchdygg
15 years ago

Year 1: Wintersow every seed you can find. Do no homework, just hope it all works.

Year 2: It worked; fine tune a few areas with some of the things that did 'best,' and make notes for next year

Year 3: Butterflies & Hummers: Need RED...lotsa RED...What do butterflies like to eat...host plants? What's a host? Ok, let's go do a little homework. Tossed in a few things, and it 'sorta' worked

Year 4: OMG I'll never remember all this! Plant tansy...for what...where? Oh, JBs...next to the rose bush. Plant Zinnias...which ones? Um...all of them, but focus on the singles for the butterflies; they like those better. Milkweed for the Monarchs...WHICH milkweed? I don't know...well, just collect seed for all of them, then see which one works best. Shoot, forgot to get the Joe Pye seeds- ah...Ginger has them. Cool. Do a trade. Thanks, Ginger! Still don't know what to put in 'bad' spot over septic...probably cosmos or nasties...still no plan. Dill...parsley...gotta have those for the BFs...shoot, WHICH dill? Curly or Flat parsley?! What the heck is fennel?! Still no plan for the flagpole bed this year...Petunias...dwarf MGs...need container plants...what am I going to use for those?! Gotta remember to get the Poppies out this weekend; where are the seeds? Packets strewn all over the house...cat likes to raid the poppy bucket...stupid cat.

OMG I think I'm going berserk. Maybe I should just revert back to the Year 1 Plan, and "wing it" and if I have anything I can actually USE in the end, we'll have a margarita to celebrate.

Comments (10)

Sponsored