SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

It rained!!! And I'm ranting!

mxk3 z5b_MI
13 years ago

It rained today!!! Finally!! Wasn't a long rain, but was enough to do a little soaking - anything is more than welcome at this point.

My garden is FRIED! I was keeping up somewhat on the watering - at least getting water to the plants that I actually have to look at all the time - but it's been so dry and WINDY and I turn my attention elsewhere for about two or three days and a large part of my garden is now TOAST. Seriously - a few days and WHAM! Even the *bushes* got toasted, for crying out loud!

I don't really care about the annuals any more, it's already September and I'm in the mood for more fall-like colors, so I can pop in a few mums to spruce things up. But I am stuck looking at crispy perennials and dried shrubbery foliage for at least another month or so - UGH!

Did get an estimate on a sprinkler system, DH is on board, since of course the lawn is now a lovely shade of beige (I couldn't care less, but that's his thing). The only thing I need to decide is whether to get the system installed now or in March, I can't take another year of this cr*p...

Comments (3)