SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphires3

I really doubted. . .

sapphires3
14 years ago

I really doubted this would work. Oh, the method seemed sound to me, but I was sure that I had used the wrong containers (I did), the wrong potting mix (I did) and put them in the wrong place (had to move them several times). Oh, and I planted some things too early.

But, last week I got Mesclun sprouts, and one lonely cilantro. The cilantro is still lonely - not sure what to make of that, but. . .

YESTERDAY!

Yesterday I got

1 lonely lobelia cardinal flower sprout

2 containers of Cauliflower

Spinach

2 kinds of head lettuce - Bibb and Grand Rapids

Bachelors Buttons (I know, these may be too early)

Caalendula (I know these may be too early)

In addition, I could swear I am seeing some action in a few other containers. . . nothing concrte yet, but a little swelling, maybe a tiny white speck peeking over the soil. . .

Now all I have to do is keep preparing spots for them. Starting yesterday, I am devoted to spending 1 hour a day outside. . . see, my problem is that I never think of where I am planting things unitl the weather is warm enough to plant, and then there is too much work to do.

Hopefully this will give me the head start I need. Yesterday I finished the row that I need for todays Direct sown peas, chard, turnips and radishes. Today I am going to start on the rows to transplant all of those lovely WS babies that are going to feed my family salads!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida