SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danie2201

Fin Rot

danie2201
15 years ago

I have had my betta for almost two months now. I started him out in a 2 L tank, and after reading up on bettas, I purchased a 2 Gal this week end to give him a larger home, and to add some decorations for him to rest on. I made sure I rinsed everything off thoroughly. I added water conditioner, and aquarium salt to the tank, and let the filter run for 48 hours before transfering my little friend. He's always been very lively and likes to show off. I introduced him to his new tank on Monday night. When I got home from work yesterday, I noticed the fin rot had started. I had a bottle of betta fish medication that the pet store sold me for bacterial infections. I'm at work and don't know which medication it actually is, although I'm thinking it's Tetracycline... I'm so confused because his water has always been clean. I never overfeed him. And I have put the aquarium salt in his tank. I'm going to check the food when I get home to see if it's out of date. Should I move him back into his old tank?? Please help. My betta means a lot to me. I've already rescued him from being abandoned in an apartment, from falling down a sink, and nursing him through constipation when he was floating on the top of the water. He's a trooper and I want to make sure I do what's best for him.

Comments (6)

Sponsored