SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
particentral

NEVER plant a wisteria and kill it when it starts growing!

particentral
13 years ago

Our local electric co-op just came out and took down a wisteria that had taken over the light pole in the front yard. It had torn down the security light (it was turned off, so no danger there) and was overtaking the shrubs (which need trimming badly) and then, they LEFT IT! I have no idea how to get rid of it, and when you see the photos you will understand why...I want to plant a climbing rose there in its place but was told I cant due to the spray they put down on the wisteria...I was also told that after we remove the pile of dead vines they will come back and try to remove the stump..never knew they could get that big!

{{gwi:303018}}

{{gwi:303019}}

{{gwi:303020}}

{{gwi:303022}}

I know we can wait for it to dry out and then burn it off, but with it so close to the other shrubs and the pole itself I am worried about that. I DO live in the country so to speak and in an agricultural zone, so burning is allowed with permits. They said they cannot remove all of it because they do not have the tools to do so. They DID, according to my hubby remove a large portion of it, which makes me very scared! We had not removed it up until now because it made a terrific privacy barrier for our house. LOL I am a bit of a recluse. Now, with it torn down, we are wide open to the road and the new security light makes it easier to see us than I like, but oh well, its done.

{{gwi:303023}}

Comments (27)