SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenerzone4

How do you apply Bayer All In One?

gardenerzone4
11 years ago

Well, after spraying Greencure futilely against blackspot and handpicking hundreds of Japanese Beetles every night for the past month, I finally applied Bayer All In One soil drench yesterday. Between the defoliated roses and the decimated flower buds, the garden was under attack, so I cut off all the flower buds and used Bayer for the first time in my life.

I have several questions:

1. Rather than mixing and applying one quart at a time to individual roses, I mixed 8 quart's worth in a watering can and applied as best as I could to 8 roses at a time. I poured for a few seconds on each rose and keep cycling through the 8 roses until the solution was gone. Then I rinsed off any product that got on the lower leaves with water. I didn't pull aside the mulch, but I did pour at the base. I'm sure that some roses got more solution and some got less. It was 95 degrees out there and I did the best I could. Does anyone else apply with a watering can instead of one quart at a time? Is it still effective even if the application is not exact?

2. How long does it take to start working against 1) BS, 2) JBs? I didn't apply to every rose in my garden, only to the 30 or so that's really bad off with both BS and JBs. When will I see it start to work? Do you see a big difference b/t the roses that didn't get any and those that did?

3. My rose garden slopes gently down to my raised bed veggie garden about 3 feet away. The adjacent veggie bed is currently fallow but will be planted with fall crops soon. When I applied, there was no runoff. I'm not going to water for the next 5 days to give the solution a chance to be absorbed by the rose. Does this solution migrate far in the soil? (For example, if you apply uphill, do the downhill roses seem protected too?) Any advice on how to minimize contaminating my veggie garden soil would be greatly appreciated.

4. I cut all my rose blooms while still in the bud stage indoors for the house, rarely letting any open outdoors. In that case, does this product still pose a danger to bees?

Comments (11)