SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_kc

Cyclamen mites (I think)

susan_kc
16 years ago

Need help from you lovely violet people. :)

I have grown violets for quite some time now, and have earned a reputation as a "violet doctor." But I don't really know that much about sick plants--Mine do well for the most part, so I don't know much about treating problems.

So, a friend of mine gave me a violet that she said "looked sick," and asked me to do what I could for it. The plant in question had yellow leaves all around the edges and a very tight center with tiny leaves. I diagnosed low light and cyclamen mites. So I treated with a miticide--just a general one from the garden center--but to no avail. I removed the yellow leaves, leaving a small rosette in the center. But the crown is not opening up. I have had it for about 6 months, and it is down to about seven or eight leaves, still very tight and closed up in the center. So I am assuming that either the product I used didn't kill the mites, or that I diagnosed it wrong to begin with.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Is it too late to save? (Yes, it is isolated from my other violets.) Hugs to all!! :-)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES