SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kdc754

Black leaf tips

kdc754
11 years ago

I'm wanting to find out what this could possibly be. You can see in the pic my pecan tree is overall a heathly tree.

A few days ago I noticed black dried tips on some of the leaves. The black parts are dried and dead. I am wondering if this is likely a insect problem or nutrients or something else?

The tree is set up on a automatic drip line for 45 mins each and twice a day/12 hours apart. We have had a fair amountof rain lately as well, would over watering cause this type of reaction? I am almost positive the ground would not be too dry.

Also at the beginning of spring we put 3(maybe 2) miracle grow fruit tree spikes near the base.

I have another pecn tree approx 20 feet from this one that was planted at the same time and has been treated exactly the same, I'll load a pic of it next for comparison. The only difference in the two trees is second one is maybe a foot lower in elevation, probably more like a few inches.

I am mainly just not wanting to treat it opposite of what it needs, thanks in advance for any advice.

Keith

Comments (7)