SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
begonia2005

Red Summit....how long until plant will fill out?

Begonia2005
11 years ago

One of the 3 starter plants I bought from LLG almost 2 months ago was Red Summit. It came with a very tiny bud and some pretty long, lanky leaves. I decided to leave the bud on because I wanted to see how the bloom will look like; but later, I had one grow light that the plant was sitting under fall right off and land on one of the leaves of Red Summit, obviously breaking it.

So now, the poor plant is limp/has un ugly gap, and has a long way to go until it will actually have nice all around foliage.

However, the long awaited bloom is finally here and it is big and beautiful; so now I really have an incentives to get this plant where it needs to be.

Any idea how long it will take for this plant to fill out? There is another tiny bud coming but this time I will cut it off so the plant can focus on producing more leaves.

The center is also growing slightly pale, yellowish.

Unfortunately, I have been known for forgetting the growth lights on until very late at night; is this a sign that the plant is getting too much light and that I need to put the lights on a timer? That is probably long due as my other plants tend to show slightly yellowish, pale centers too.

Comments (13)