SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaoticdreams

Hot Cocoa

Chaoticdreams
10 years ago

Three of my potted roses were decimated last night by coyotes. I'm not really heart broken as they were three that weren't exactly doing well and seemed to love black spot no matter how often I spray. I'm not even sure it was coyotes, I've just seen a lot of them about lately.The pots were knocked over and the roots exposed all night. I'm going to give em a chance to be sure, but I have a feeling they are gonners.

So....... I was going to replace them with Hot Cocoa and Elle, both of which say they are disease resistant and heat tolerant on HMF. Anyone in the south, north Florida/Alabama area, have any experience with these roses?

The uniqueness of Hot Cocoa's color just intrigues me as its not really seen around here. But that doesn't say much. Only thing seen around here are knock outs, which I have to admit have been gorgeous the last few weeks. I'm just not sure how fast I'll tire of it. As for Elle, I'm a sucker for yellow blends and the light pink looks really feminine and pretty. Both will have to be potted till we move and probably not planted till January at the new place. (remodeling never seems to be on schedule) I'd already purchased Iceberg which turned out well, since it looks like I'm losing three and it'll be a good replacement. No divorce for me LOL

Anyhow, what do you guys think? I know its way too late to plant, but the ones I got a few weeks ago from Roses Unlimited are doing fabulous, so I'll take the risk. It never gets cold here till December and as far as summers go, the rainy one we're having has been mild. (Hugs to all the western folks, hope ya'll have great A/C!!! )

Thanks in advance.
Cas

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH