SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfinch

Slightly OT , but funny

Today I posted an ad for a free large Japanese maple shrub . Came with our new house , and isn't planted on center of the dining room window it blocks , and it had been hacked into a giant meat ball . Still , I know they have value and if someone wanted it they could have it for the digging . My ad was very friendly , and I did not imply it needed to go away immediately ! I would totally wait til spring if someone wanted . I wrote I planned on putting in a fountain in spring .
I received the grumpiest email ever from someone who was not happy with me ! I thought y'all would enjoy it . I wrote back as super friendly as I could , and laughed but geeze why spend the time writing to me to make me feel bad about myself ?! Good grief . May all his tomato plants get that rot people dread . And 1000s of stink bugs take up residence in his yard . ;)

Here it is :

August is the WORSE MONTH to plant or transplant a plant. You are obviously not a gardener.

It's sad you have control over this japanese maple, which, with the proper care and attention would have grown into a breathtaking understory tree, probably worth upwards to $2000 today. It's obvious from the photo, that another non-gardner has hacked the crap out the tree trying to make it look like an ugly shrub. My suggestion....go ahead and cut the tree down. Why torture it with transplanting?

I don't understand why cement-minded (fountain) people like you tolerate any living thing around your house. How about you cut everything down and have your yard cemented? You'll be so much happier. I'm sure.

Or maybe you could build a new house in a Walmart parking lot. Not a blade of green in sight and you'd be surrounded by your class of people available to stop in anytime for a beer. You could help jump start their cars when they're ready to go home, or maybe you'd let them sleep in your trailer out back 'till they sober up.

End .

Wasn't that just the friendliest gardening soul you've met ? I must say , I have gotten lots of plant freebies before even in August and as long as you water them well , they are free , so if you have success , great ! Watering is key . And you never know , someone may be a collector and want it .
Off to pour concrete over my beautiful lawn ... Lol

Comments (9)