SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

I thought I was at peace with the woodchuck...

mxk3 z5b_MI
14 years ago

He (she?) lives underneath one of my patios, never bothers my stuff that I'm aware of - we very peacefully and happily co-exist.

So today I'm looking out the window and notice him in the backyard moseying around, he decides to wander around in my beds. He wasn't really bothering anything, just checking things out, so I let him be, he was kind of cute to watch. Then he spotted the coneflowers.....

I yelled out the window and the dog starting barking, so he ran off, but not before trampling the coneflowers! Fortunately he only trampled one clump, but it's a big clump, now it's a mess. #&!$*!@#

I guess I can prop them up somehow, but now I'm worried he'll be back for the coneflowers. Is there anything I can put around the coneflowers as a deterrant? Will dog hair work (I've got plenty of it with two big beasts....) or maybe some dog poop? Hot pepper flakes? Anything that's cheap and quick?

Eh, I'm hoping he'll forget they're there (this is the first time all summer he's bothered them) but still maybe I should put something down.

Comments (13)