SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherryazure

Betta Breeders in Manhattan and update

sherryazure
18 years ago

After purchasing two bettas (as rescues) from local fish store from those filthy little bitty cold bowls with 5.8 ph, and spending over 100 bucks in meds, I won't do that again, no matter how sorry I feel for them (mentioned elsewhere it only keeps the 'trade going'. I have to agree, if we don't buy they won't supply).

One passed after recovering from all sorts of things, but not sure exactly what, looked really well, then fin rot, probably due to all of the stress of meds, as I kept everything clean and used aged cycled water, filtered, just suddenly they were rotting off. Also after much research found with his extra long tail threads (not sure what they are called, but blue betta with long wisps of tail, very beautiful) he was older already.

Died quickly - one minute saying hello to me (was always active) then sank. By this time I was using my friend who is a healer and she had called the night before to tell me he was ready to move on... next day he did, she said he was tired.. I buried the little boy in my planted terrarium.

The other with pop eye is improving, but that little red streak on him when I purchased was not his coloring (white) but hemoraghic septima sp??. It is all over him, but very slowly receding.... I have read it is internal and attacks lining of heart muscle arteries, ikes. Milder meds (Maracyn two and with small pinch of salt, and meds in food, and hoping for the best. He is quite active, eating very well, and sits on his plants at night to sleep.

Thanks for all help from this forum, whole thing was stressful and sad. (not to mention expensive!)

I have looked on web for breeders within cab ride in Manhattan and can't seem to find any. Any help much appreciated. Not going to buy right now, but later, after I see how the white one will do. Thanks Sherry

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21