SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lexie1397

Betta not eating

lexie1397
18 years ago

Hello All!

My betta will not seem to eat. I have two in a separated tank and one will eat just fine, but the other one won't touch any food I give them. I've tried frozen blood worms, dried tubifex, even normal fish flakes and frog pellets. I had hoped that if I could get him to eat just one thing he would be primed to eat the normal betta foods. I've also tried both morning and night feeding. This has been going on for a week.

I've tested my water and while my pH is a little high, it's constant at 7.4. There is no detectable ammonia or nitrite. The temperature is somewhat variable because of the room temperature fluctuations, but I try really hard to keep it between 72 and 78. I don't have a heater because I've heard so many stories of heaters going berzerk and cooking the tanks, especially ones as small as mine (2.5g).

Is there some way to entice him to eat? My two bettas were in the same shipment to the same reputable store and bought within two hours of each other. I don't understand why one devours everything I put in front of him and one is anorexic. Do fish develop image complexes like people?! ;)

I know I've seen this topic before but I can't seem to find it, so if someone can direct me I'd appreciate that help too.

Thanks,

Lexie

Comments (7)

Sponsored